Be prepared for your doctor visit
To get the most from your doctor visit, it makes sense to come with the right information and to know ahead of time the questions you want to ask.
Information to bring with you
- Tell your doctor about current or past health conditions. Also discuss your family medical history.
- Mention any allergies you have.
- Bring a list of all prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are taking.
- Bring your health plan ID card with you.
Before your visit
Jot down what you want to ask. For example, ask yourself:
- Are there any health issues or symptoms I'm concerned about?
- How long have I had these symptoms? Have they changed?